Tuesday, May 09, 2006

my pulpit

PHP 1:12 "Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel, 13 so that my imprisonment in the cause of Christ has become well known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to everyone else, 14 and that most of the brethren, trusting in the Lord because of my imprisonment, have far more courage to speak the word of God without fear."

What seems to be your pulpit? what do i mean.....? well....what seems to be the thing that makes you able to share w/others about Christ in your life? My pulpit just happens to be Brooke. I'm the Aaron in her life. My circumstances are different. Having a daughter is hard enough in this day and age....but having her her to be solely dependent on you... is straining and stressful. However, b/c of my imprisonment, if you will, it has become well-known of my faith in Jesus Christ being my Rock, Security, Cave, Refuge, Strength, Provider, Constant Friend who is w/me non-stop, Fighter, Advocate, Prayer Warrior. Oh...don't get me wrong I'm just as normal as any other....but at the same time I have a God that has forgiven me and gave me a new name. I'll be honest some days are much harder than others and i don't wanta face the world...but looking into her face and knowing God has it in His hands pushes me and urges me to make a difference not only for her...but for Christ.....to know HIM and to make Him known.
My pulpit....my circumstance that HE has given me is not in vain...I will proclaim Christ and Him crucified.
dani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, may sister, my friend. This exactly captures the essence of the platform that I feel that God has given me with my health issues. How beautiful to consider my imprisonment to be my pulpit! Your encouragement boosts my spirit.
Trish

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»