Sunday, May 14, 2006

the flower


today was the last of the first round of chelation. i can tell something is going on w/her. she seems unsettled and confused. the backward step has begun of which we have expected. in fact i know i'll see more backward steps before the forward. this part is hard...the aggression is worse...the not knowing is difficult to swallow...and the wondering of "is she hurting" keeps creeping in my mind.
ethan (our youngest boy) has been admiring flowers lately---he'll bring me a flower almost everyday from the yard and tell me he loves me. it's so precious. b/c of that i've been noticing the flowers he gives me....today they gave me a solitare rose.....that needed water badly. even as i type this as ethan sleeps he'll awake w/the flower in a vase by his bed hoping that it will be recovered. I'm remined of this w/brooke. she isn't well...i know this and it does make me sad that she isn't well like you and i are well. in fact, the doctor told us that she has been sick so long she doesn't even know what "well" means. it is my ambition to bring water to the weary, to the hurt, to the broken-hearted, and mainly to my own flesh and bone.....to give her water (in whatever essense that may be). this is my hearts cry...and one day the weeping flower will rise up and extended herself to the Son. If not here on this earth...i know it will happen in Heaven. Boy-i can't wait for that moment to appear.------dani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. I rejoice in that moment with you!! "And our hope does not disappoint..." Keep hoping, as I hope and pray with you for that day.
Trish

Anonymous said...

my heart swells and aches with you, you are so strong, know that.