Tuesday, May 02, 2006

books

I've been reading alot of books lately.....for those who know me....you know i'm not one to read. however, it's been in the reading that i'm learning to surrender, recover from losses, and continure to trust in the God who made me. the books are:

*Surrender by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
*Recovering from the Losses of Life by Norman Wright
*When i Lay My Issac Down by Carol Trent
These books have been so good, so if you ever get a chance to read any of these...i highly suggest it. Today has been a good day. Brooke had a pretty okay day...we've been working on us sitting down w/her in the den (for she hates it)...and we actually got to do that some today. In my quiet time this morning i was encouraged once again knowing that
His presence will go with me, and He will give me rest.
Ex.33.14
the biggest thing i've learned in the past few months is just how helpless i am. Trusting/Faith seemed like such easy words when i was a little girl....but when you have to depend on Him as helpless for the next day----it's much more than a word. It's a lifestyle, a moment by moment interaction, a common ground, an awareness, and then....a dying to self. I mean really dying....memorizing that w/a dear friend Michelle Elliott is priceless to me now. For me to live is Christ....and to die is gain....for me to give Brooke in His arms is nothing but gain to me....i do it daily, moment by moment....sometimes w/hesitation and frustration...but i got to do it. These books and especially God's word has taught me such things. I'm not there yet....but i know that as a God has said He who called is faithful. It's my only HOPE. This is my rest.
dying.....
dani

No comments: