Saturday, May 13, 2006

the bird nest

I've been so interested watching these birds around my house. there are nest it seems like everywhere i turn. i've been able to get so close to the "mother bird" as she waits paitently on her new arrival. the determination she has...especially last week when we had such a bad storm. i went to check on her and there she was sitting down almost like she was resting. I guess i can understand to some degree how she must feel. waiting that is. today the feather's have been somewhat ruffled though. although our target outing went very well; except for breaking a dish in the middle of isle, and touching a ladies face she did not know in the bathroom....things went fairly well. However, the aftenoon didn't go so well. The behaviors were no doubt....out of control. they haven't been this bad in quiet some time now. it could be the chelation...i'm really not sure.
Going back to the nest though....i'm struck to be remembered that God Himself has opened His wings and has surrounded me and brooke. Protection, yes. Refuge, indeed! Underneath are His everylasting arms. I've been encouraged by the birds God has brought my way...visually speaking. And as i sleep i'll remember as He has taught me that under His wings i can and will be safe...no matter what storm occurs, no matter what winds may bring, no matter if He's not visually there w/me....He'll come back to give me food....for the journey, the step out is the hardest part of learning how to fly.
dani

No comments: