Sunday, May 21, 2006

hurting/healing

it's been a good day. although brooke is experiencing some pain w/yeast infection we've seen some good strides. just friday kristin was going to work w/her in her room...brooke got up and went the the stairs and voluntarily said "up". (her therapy room is upstairs)...kristin got up and went up there....and they were able to work on some goals for about 2o minutes. another great thing is brooke has been saying "want ___" and she wants something... 2 word phrases are great and don't happen very often at all.
i'm doing better today-i have had a couple of anxiety attacks today....why, not sure.....i guess b/c i'm thinking of the next week to come. brooke's last day of school is tomorrow and it just makes me nerveous to think about. thankfully i have help (40 hours a week). this has been God's way of fighting for me and covering me under his wings. i love this picture of brooke....it makes me think that she is praying. I wonder if she prays what she prays for?
dani

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dani, big hugs to you.
you make tears come to my eyes and my heart aches with you.
for your joy, your excitment, your fears, your weariness.
so many emotions. you are incredible. an inspiration. so precious. so real.
God Bless Brooke and God Bless you.