Sunday, July 13, 2008

my warrior

a friend of mine reminded me a scripture i just love:
Exodus 14.14 "the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still".

i love the thought of the Lord fighting on my behalf. i often feel as if i need to fight...fight off cravings, evil desires, my thought life...and so it goes. however, over time, i have learned that i cannot do this without the Lord's help. "you need only to be still". i'm the opposite of this, being still. thinking i can do it myself gets me in more trouble. pride. relying on the Lord to fight on my behalf is an encouragement to "hear", but putting it into practice and living this out daily is difficult until you try it. although i still need to be reminded (daily), that i cannot fight "things" off in my life, it's in the resting and in the being still that brings such peace; peace i hold on to.

He is my warrior. He gladly takes this responsibility and i love it!

No comments: