Tuesday, September 19, 2006

a prayer...


a dear friend sent this to me...and wanted to put it on the blog today-pray w/me for Brooke if you like. the verse i thought was perfect...and one i need to tie around my neck for encouragement and knowing His character....sometimes it just gets overwhelming and i loose sight of His purposes and plans He has...b/c i take it personally and w/pride (thinking i can do it my way).

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21, NIV)

Father,Thank you that you have purposes for our lives that prevail, and that we can count on you in every circumstance. Even though your purposes prevail, we can often miss your timing and cause the blessings you intend for us to be delayed. Therefore, Lord, we pray that you would give us great wisdom on how to stay in your timing and in your will for our lives and for Brooke's life. We thank you that the challenges that she faces are no real obstacle for you and that you can cause great fruitfulness to come. Lord, we pray that you would give each teacher and therapist great wisdom as they work with her, and that you would give them creative ideas for bringing her to her fullest potential. We thank you for your constant provision and for the comfort of your presence. In Jesus’ Name,Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DG!
I don't get to check the blog regularly, but it is always so uplifting when I do! The strength you are Blessed with amazes me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani, Sorry haven't spoke to you in a long while. My life is crazy, and my days are full. I love reading your blog, it is beautiful and inspirational!! I noticed in a recent post that your Dad was ill. Please email me at my regular email, or call me I'l sure like to hear an update on him! Hope your well...look forward to hearing from you soon!!
Jill