Tuesday, October 17, 2006

abiding

it's been raining tons here....winds are high....leaves are starting to fall...and dead limbs from trees are everywhere we go in our yard.

i've been thinking about abiding lately. this picture kinda sums up my thoughts. when i think of abiding i think of a continual presense, a closeness, always there....i could make a big list. when i see the dead branches around me i'm brought to the passage in John 15. Brooke has abiding down pat i think. This is something she doesn't need to learn b/c someone is always w/her. she is helpless on her own....and likewise. I'm learning from her...and i'm put in my place. I hope Jesus sees me as a "wanting" to abide b/c of the helplessness i'm in. Brooke you amaze me....and i love you. thank you for teaching me...i have learned more than i could ever think/imagine from you.

No comments: